Shri Garud Maha Puranam ( गरुड़ महापुरणम )
Shri Garud ( Garuda ) mahapuranam is one if most important puranas among major puranas. Garuda purana mainly contains details on what happens after death and various punishments as per karmas.
It is called Garuda Purana because it is in the form of a dialogue between Garuda the Divine King of Birds and Lord Vishnu. Later, Garuda recited the same to Sage Kashyapa that percolated down the line. It contains about 19000 slokas and is classified as Saattvika Purana.
Details of Book :-
- Author - Dr. Shri Krishna jugnu
- Translated by - Jyotirvid Radhika Raman
- Publisher - Choukhamba Krishnadas academy, Varanasi
- Language - Sanskrit text with Hindi translation
- Pages - 1060
- Weight of book - 1805 grams
- Size - 10.1 inches x 7.5 inches
- Cover - Hardbound
- Volumes - 2