While reciting “Hanuman chalisa” , we come across the word “Ashta-sidhi” . It is believed that Sri Hanuman also known as Anjaneya is a possessor of 8 kinds of sidhis. Literal meaning of the word “sidhi” is “precision”. In Hinduism this word is used for depicting the meaning “ Attainment of heighest peak in spirituality”. It refers to spiritual paranormal powers. It is of 8 kinds as follows-
- Anima: Paranormal power to reduce one's body even to infinitely small.
- Mahima: power to expand one's body to an infinitely large.
- Garima: power to become infinitely heavy.
- Laghima: power of becoming weightless.
- Prapti: ability to move anywhere without restriction.
- Prakamya: power to know the desires of other.
- Isitva: powers of having complete lordship
- Vasitva: the power to conquer all.
All the above superpowers are possessed by Sri Hanuman (Anjaneya). Even in astrology when a person is under the malefic influence of Shani or its Sade-saati, the recitation of “Hanuman chalisa” works as a best remedy. The reason is simple. Being a possessor of 8 sidhis Anjaneya is the God who is capable of warding off all evils.
Shri Shiva tandav stotram lyrics in english
Shri Shiva tandav stotram was composed by Ravana , the king of Lanka. Shiva Tandava Stotra is a stotra that describes...
Shri Ganadhisha Stotra Shiv Shakti Krutha in Sanskrit ( श्रीगणाधीशस्तोत्रं शिवशक्तिकृतम् )
Shri Ganadhisha Stotra Shiv Shakti Krutha in Sanskrit is devoted to Shri Ganesha. Chanting of Shri Ganadhisha Stotra ...
Treatment of Cancer and many other diseases in Faridabad, Haryana free of Cost
Just wanted to share this info with all our users as an thanks giving ritual to Dr. P.N Dubey. This is not an adverti...
Shri Ashta Lakshmi Stotram in Sanskrit ( श्री अष्टलक्ष्मी स्तोत्रं )
Goddess Lakshmi, the Hindu goddess of beauty, wealth and fertility has many iconic manifestations. Goddess Lakshmi ha...
Share on Whatsapp