While reciting “Hanuman chalisa” , we come across the word “Ashta-sidhi” . It is believed that Sri Hanuman also known as Anjaneya is a possessor of 8 kinds of sidhis. Literal meaning of the word “sidhi” is “precision”. In Hinduism this word is used for depicting the meaning “ Attainment of heighest peak in spirituality”. It refers to spiritual paranormal powers. It is of 8 kinds as follows-
- Anima: Paranormal power to reduce one's body even to infinitely small.
- Mahima: power to expand one's body to an infinitely large.
- Garima: power to become infinitely heavy.
- Laghima: power of becoming weightless.
- Prapti: ability to move anywhere without restriction.
- Prakamya: power to know the desires of other.
- Isitva: powers of having complete lordship
- Vasitva: the power to conquer all.
All the above superpowers are possessed by Sri Hanuman (Anjaneya). Even in astrology when a person is under the malefic influence of Shani or its Sade-saati, the recitation of “Hanuman chalisa” works as a best remedy. The reason is simple. Being a possessor of 8 sidhis Anjaneya is the God who is capable of warding off all evils.
Shri Bhairav Stuti in Hindi
Shri Bhairav Stuti is dedicated to Lord Bhairava who is the fierce form of Lord Shiva. Lord Bhairava is widely worshi...
Shri Durgai ashtakam in Tamil with english Translation
Durgai ashtakam is an Octad to Goddess Durga. It is also known as Apaduddharaka stotram and is said to be the "stava ...
Shri Dakshina Kalika Kavacham in Sanskrit ( श्री दक्षिणकालिका कवचम् )
Sri Dakshinakali is a form of the Divine Mother Kālī, who is said to be easily pleased by the devotion of the devotee...
Shri Annapurna Stotram in Sanskrit
Shri Annapurna Stotram is a beautiful Stotra composed by Adi Shankaracharya. 'Anna' means food or grain and 'poorna' ...
Share on Whatsapp