While reciting “Hanuman chalisa” , we come across the word “Ashta-sidhi” . It is believed that Sri Hanuman also known as Anjaneya is a possessor of 8 kinds of sidhis. Literal meaning of the word “sidhi” is “precision”. In Hinduism this word is used for depicting the meaning “ Attainment of heighest peak in spirituality”. It refers to spiritual paranormal powers. It is of 8 kinds as follows-
- Anima: Paranormal power to reduce one's body even to infinitely small.
- Mahima: power to expand one's body to an infinitely large.
- Garima: power to become infinitely heavy.
- Laghima: power of becoming weightless.
- Prapti: ability to move anywhere without restriction.
- Prakamya: power to know the desires of other.
- Isitva: powers of having complete lordship
- Vasitva: the power to conquer all.
All the above superpowers are possessed by Sri Hanuman (Anjaneya). Even in astrology when a person is under the malefic influence of Shani or its Sade-saati, the recitation of “Hanuman chalisa” works as a best remedy. The reason is simple. Being a possessor of 8 sidhis Anjaneya is the God who is capable of warding off all evils.
Shri Bala Mukundashtakam with English translation
Bala Mukunda Ashtakam begins as 'Kararavindena Padaravindam'. It is a prayer dedicated to Lord Krishna. Shri Bilvmang...
Kaal Bhairav Jayanti
Kaal Bhairav Jayanti, also known as Maha Kala Bhairava Jayanthi is believed to be the appearance day of Shri Kaal Bha...
Shri Hanuman Chalisa in hindi
Sri Hanuman Chalisa is a devotional hymn dedicated to Sri Hanuman. Sri Hanuman Chalisa is remarkable creation of Gosw...
Bhai Duj (Bhai Dooj) Festival
Bhai duj or Bhaiya duj is the day when brothers and sisters meet to express their love and affection for each other.D...
Share on Whatsapp