While reciting “Hanuman chalisa” , we come across the word “Ashta-sidhi” . It is believed that Sri Hanuman also known as Anjaneya is a possessor of 8 kinds of sidhis. Literal meaning of the word “sidhi” is “precision”. In Hinduism this word is used for depicting the meaning “ Attainment of heighest peak in spirituality”. It refers to spiritual paranormal powers. It is of 8 kinds as follows-
- Anima: Paranormal power to reduce one's body even to infinitely small.
- Mahima: power to expand one's body to an infinitely large.
- Garima: power to become infinitely heavy.
- Laghima: power of becoming weightless.
- Prapti: ability to move anywhere without restriction.
- Prakamya: power to know the desires of other.
- Isitva: powers of having complete lordship
- Vasitva: the power to conquer all.
All the above superpowers are possessed by Sri Hanuman (Anjaneya). Even in astrology when a person is under the malefic influence of Shani or its Sade-saati, the recitation of “Hanuman chalisa” works as a best remedy. The reason is simple. Being a possessor of 8 sidhis Anjaneya is the God who is capable of warding off all evils.
Yantras For Money and Prosperity
Every human being in world wants to enjoy prosperous and fulfilling lives. We all need economically, socially prosper...
108 Names of Maa Durga with meaning in Hindi
Maa Durga is the divine form of Shakti, the Supreme Goddess. Shakti is represented as the ultimate power and is worsh...
Various mantras related to Maa Kali
Maa Kali is the Hindu Goddess who removes the ego and liberates the soul from the cycle of birth and death. The Kali ...
Shri Kalabhairava Ashtakam in Kannada ( ಕಾಲ ಭೈರವ ಅಷ್ಟಕಂ ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ )
Shri Kalabhairava Ashtakam in Kannada || ಶ್ರೀ ಕಾಲಭೈರವಾಷ್ಟಕಮ್ || ಕಾಲ ಭೈರವ ಅಷ್ಟಕಂದೇವ ರಾಜ ಸೇವ್ಯ ಮಾನ ಪಾವನಂಗರಿ ಪಂಕಜಂವ್ಯಾಲ...
Share on Whatsapp