While reciting “Hanuman chalisa” , we come across the word “Ashta-sidhi” . It is believed that Sri Hanuman also known as Anjaneya is a possessor of 8 kinds of sidhis. Literal meaning of the word “sidhi” is “precision”. In Hinduism this word is used for depicting the meaning “ Attainment of heighest peak in spirituality”. It refers to spiritual paranormal powers. It is of 8 kinds as follows-
- Anima: Paranormal power to reduce one's body even to infinitely small.
- Mahima: power to expand one's body to an infinitely large.
- Garima: power to become infinitely heavy.
- Laghima: power of becoming weightless.
- Prapti: ability to move anywhere without restriction.
- Prakamya: power to know the desires of other.
- Isitva: powers of having complete lordship
- Vasitva: the power to conquer all.
All the above superpowers are possessed by Sri Hanuman (Anjaneya). Even in astrology when a person is under the malefic influence of Shani or its Sade-saati, the recitation of “Hanuman chalisa” works as a best remedy. The reason is simple. Being a possessor of 8 sidhis Anjaneya is the God who is capable of warding off all evils.
Shri Mahakaal Bhairav Kavach in Sanskrit
Shri Mahakaal Bhairav Kavach is mentioned in Rudramalaya Tantram. Shri Mahakaal Bhairav Kavach is chanted to get ulti...
Birth Month and Stones
Birthstones attract us all. Birthstones are gems that are associated with a birth month, each stone has a unique mean...
Eight forms of Bhairava (Ashta Bhairava) and their mantras
Ashta Bhairavas ("Eight Bhairavas") are eight manifestations of the Hindu god Bhairava, a ferocious aspect of the god...
Shri Radha Chalisa
Sri Radha Chalisa is devotional prayer dedicated to Maa Radha. Shri Radha chalisa is composed of Forty verses . Whoev...
Share on Whatsapp