While reciting “Hanuman chalisa” , we come across the word “Ashta-sidhi” . It is believed that Sri Hanuman also known as Anjaneya is a possessor of 8 kinds of sidhis. Literal meaning of the word “sidhi” is “precision”. In Hinduism this word is used for depicting the meaning “ Attainment of heighest peak in spirituality”. It refers to spiritual paranormal powers. It is of 8 kinds as follows-
- Anima: Paranormal power to reduce one's body even to infinitely small.
- Mahima: power to expand one's body to an infinitely large.
- Garima: power to become infinitely heavy.
- Laghima: power of becoming weightless.
- Prapti: ability to move anywhere without restriction.
- Prakamya: power to know the desires of other.
- Isitva: powers of having complete lordship
- Vasitva: the power to conquer all.
All the above superpowers are possessed by Sri Hanuman (Anjaneya). Even in astrology when a person is under the malefic influence of Shani or its Sade-saati, the recitation of “Hanuman chalisa” works as a best remedy. The reason is simple. Being a possessor of 8 sidhis Anjaneya is the God who is capable of warding off all evils.
Shri Sankashta Nasanam Vishnu Stotra in Sanskrit ( श्री सङ्कष्टनाशनं विष्णुस्तोत्रम् )
Shri Sankashta Nasanam Vishnu Stotra is dedicated to Lord Vishnu (Visnu) . As the name indicates this is chanted or ...
Shri Pradosha Strotra Ashtakam in Sanskrit (श्री प्रदोषस्तोत्राष्टकम् )
Shri Pradosha Strotra Ashtakam is mentioned in Skanda Purana . Pradosha kaal is period which starts just at the time ...
शिवलिंग व रुद्राभिषेक
The literal meaning of the word Abhishek is – An auspicious bath for a deity. Rudrabhishek means the consecration of ...
Lord Bhairav is an fierce incarnation of Lord Shiva.The term Bhairava means "Terrific". He is often depicted with fro...
Share on Whatsapp