Wooden Damru , Shiva Damaru ,use it for temple, use it as a gift ~ Large size
Classical Indian hand percussion Damru is well known folk instrument for drumming in all over India. Damru is mainly made in wood, metal or skull with both ends covered by animal skin (goat skin) crossed tied-up strings or cords made from cotton, leather or jute. Damru is an hour glass shaped drum, typically played with the bare hands, a player wave the instrument by twisting the wrist back and forth. A Damru player adjusts the pitch of the instrument by adjusting the pressure that is applied to these strings.
Damro is associated with Hindu God Lord Shiva, it is Lord Shiva favourite musical instrument that is why Damru is also known as a power drum, which invokes spiritual energy.
This is very beautiful Damaru , heavy wood is used in making this . The sound is also very excellent.
- Damru made of wood with cotton cords.
- Damru Size: Dia.- 4.5 inches x Height- 6.0 inches,
- Net Weight - 350-400 grams (approx.)
- Shiva drum damru can also be used as home decor object.
- Handmade by artisans of Uttar Pradesh in north India.