Sampurn 12 Jyotirlinga Chowki with Shiva idol
Lord Shiva is considered most superior among all gods. One can attain anything by worshiping Lord Shiva. By worshiping Lord Shiva on the auspicious occasion of Shivratri all beneficial results can be obtained. If for any reason it is not possible for you to do Darshana of 12 Jyotirlingas then 12 Jyotirlinga Chowki can be established at your place of worship to achieve auspicious objectives like salvation and blessings of Lord Shiva. This is very powerful yantra chowki for worshipping Lord Shiva. It has images of the 12 Jyotirlingas. In the center sits a brass idol of Lord Shiva surrounded by panchakshri mantra "Om Namah Shivaye" and 4 tridents at the borders.
The names and the locations of the 12 Jyotirlingas are mentioned in the Shiva Purana (Satarudra Samhita,Ch.42/2-4). These shrines are:
- Somnath is the foremost of the twelve Jyotirlinga Shrines of Shiva.
- Mallikarjuna, also called Srisaila, is the name of the pillar located on a mountain on the river Krishna.
- Mahakal, Ujjain (or Avanti) in Madhya Pradesh is home to the Mahakaleshwar Jyotirling.
- Omkareshwar in Madhya Pradesh on an island in the Narmada river.
- Kedarnath in Uttarakhand is the northernmost of the Jyotirlingas.
- Bhimashankar, in the Sahyadri range of Maharashtra, contains a Jyotirlinga shrine associated with Shiva destroying the demon Tripurasura.
- Varanasi (Benares) in Uttar Pradesh is home to the Vishwanath Jyotirling temple.
- Trimbakeshwar, near Nashik in Maharashtra, has a Jyotirlinga shrine associated with the origin of the Godavari river.
- Baidyanathdham in Deoghar, Jharkhand Vaidyanath Temple, also called Vaijnath Temple and Baidyanth Temple is located at Deogarh in the Santal Parganas region of Jharkhand in the south west of Keeul Station.
- Nageshwar Temple, Dwarka in Gujarat is home to the Nageshwar Jyotirlinga temple.
- Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu is home to the vast Ramalingeswarar Jyotirling.
- Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga shrine, in Aurangabad Maharashtra, is located near the rock-cut temples of Ellora.
Cumulative 12 Jyotirlinga Shiva Chowki has its unique importance. The special feature of this Chowki is that it has Lord Shiva idol surrounded by the images of all 12 Jyotirlingas.
Poverty, troubles, enemies, diseases, conspiracies and four types of sins continue troubling till Lord Shiva is not worshipped. Not only desires get fulfilled rather all types of sorrow also get eradicated by worshipping Lord Shiva. - Shiv PuranSrishtikhandAdyaay - 11, Shlokas - 12, 13, 14 and 15
Method of establishing JyotirlingChowki
Establish this Chowki in the North East corner or place of worship at home on Shivratri or Monday. Before establishing wipe it with clean water, Gangajal and milk. Offer incense, lamp and flowers to it and chant "Om NamahShivay" Mantra 108 times. Worship 12 Jyotirlingas on the auspicious occasion of Mahashivratri for the fulfillment of your wishes.
Design: Made in heavy thick metal and glass covering on all Jyotirlingas, that gives it an augmented view. Ideal for placing in altar or as a gift.
Dimensions : 4.75 inches (H) X 6.5 inches (W) X 6.5 inches (L)
Weight : 735 gms