Ashta Lakshmi (Ashta means eight + Lakshmi means the Goddess of wealth) signifies the eight divine aspects of Ma Lakshmi. The eight representations emphasize different forms of wealth. Wealth has many forms other than the obvious one of money. You need different types of wealth and resources to be rich in a real sense. Physical, financial, spiritual and material wealth are all needed to complete life's various needs.In Hindu mythology, Goddess Ashtalakshmi, also called Shri, is the divine spouse of Lord Vishnu and the Goddess of wealth and fortune. The eight forms of Lakshmi are:-
- Adi Lakshmi- Adi Lakshmi is one of the manifestations of Goddess Lakshmi. It is also the most ancient form of Lakshmi where all life originates in her womb. Here she is shown serving Lord Narayana which is again symbolic to serving the whole Universe.
- Dhana Lakshmi- Dhana Lakshmi is one of forms of Lakshmi who presides over wealth and money. This form of Ashta Lakshmi is also known as Vaibhav Lakshmi in some parts of India. She is the Goddess of money and gold, the most usual ways in which we perceive wealth.
- Dhairya Lakshmi- It is one of the forms of Lakshmi where she grants infinite courage, strength and patience to win over all hurdles. Goddess Lakshmi in this form grants us the boon to handle tough times by proper planning and strategy.
- Santan Lakshmi- Santan means children. This Hindu Goddess blesses people with the wealth of hale and hearty children. Many people worship this form of Goddess Lakshmi to have children which is the greatest form of wealth that one may ever desire to have.
- Gaja Lakshmi- Gaja Lakshmi is one of the forms of Lakshmi which symbolises the wealth of vehicles and mobility. The word Gaja means elephant. During the time of Samudra Manthan (churning of ocean water by the Gods and Devils) she came out of the ocean sitting on a full bloomed lotus with two elephants on each sides.
- Vidya Lakshmi- Here Devi Lakshmi is the Goddess of education, knowledge and skills. To posses knowledge in varied spheres adaptability, serenity, sincerity etc, she is often worshipped. Such qualities are imbibed only through proper education.
- Vijay Lakshmi- Vijay Lakshmi is one of those forms of Goddess Lakshmi who blesses human beings with victory in all spheres of their life. With her grace you can attain success in all your undertakings and endeavours.
- Dhanya Lakshmi- Dhanya means grains. She is the Goddess of harvest and grains. She is worshipped in many parts of India to attain a successful harvest. Harvest also means the inner harvest of good qualities that can make us immortal through our good deeds.
Mantra :- " Om Shreem Mahalakshmi Namah Ashta-Aishwaryam Samridhim Mey Dehi Tapaya Swaha Shreem Mahalakshmi Namah "
Details of Sri Ashta Lakshmi yantra
- Metal - Copper
- Size - 3 inches x 3 inches
- Weight - 35 grams (approx.)
- Finishing - Very high
- Benefits - blessing of Maa Lakshmi